10101010111010101011010101111010101101000101010101010111010101011010101111010101

Monday, January 18, 2010

Tech-knowledge-y

The overall message I gathered from "Digital Youth Portrait: Cameron" was that teachers can be students. Cameron shared his knowledge of technology with his classmates, as well as his teachers. From observing educators over the past few years I have come to believe that some teachers can overlook the information students try to share with them. I don't think that this should be the case. We are all students and teachers, and we should share our knowledge with one another.
The connection I took away from this video was to find something that you are passionate about and pursue it. Cameron is very passionate about his love for technology. He takes the initiative to teach himself on the topics he shares an interest for. I have done this recently with my love for artwork by going to the library to investigate and research different pieces of artwork from various cultures. No one told me to do this, I wanted to. This has influenced my artwork and brought it to a higher level in terms of quality and diversity. It has opened my mind up to further exploration and research for my passion.
As far as technology is concerned my knowledge is quite limited. Cameron's passion has inspired me to do further research to stay on top of my technological game. It appears that most students communicate and express many feelings, ideas, etc. through blogs and outlets like facebook, twitter, myspace, etc. To keep the attention of my students in the future I would like to incorporate these blogging and social networking sites into my curriculum. The key is to use them in a positive and beneficial way to help further their education, while at the same time keeping their attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment